Operate heavy-duty sewer maintenance equipment, such as flusher/vacuum combination unit/hydro excavating and other similar equipment that may be used. Responds to and resolves complaints from customers by unplugging blockages, replacing catch basins and manhole covers and setting pu barricades.
- Operates a GPS radio-equipped vehicle and completes complaint reports.
- Provide excellent customer service to external & internal customers.
- Promote company to existing & new customers. Ability to problem solve (i.e.- identify problems and determine steps to resolve)
- Carry out daily lubrication needs and minor maintenance requirements on vehicles.
- Perform daily inspection of equipment and report any deficiencies.
- Perform related duties
- Grad 12 or GED
- Experience in operation of equipment assigned to the position, or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Valid Alberta Class 3Q motor vehicle operator’s license
- Thorough knowledge of the equipment used and ability to operate skillfully Physical strength and agility sufficient to perform the work of this position
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, practices and rules of safe operation of the assigned equipment and occupational hazards applicable to the work
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, practices and rules of the safe operation of the assigned equipment and occupational hazards applicable to the work
- Ability to respond to inquiries/complaints in a manner that is conciliatory
- Operate equipment efficiently.
- Keep truck clean outside and inside cab – should be done at end of day
- All equipment should be checked to ensure in good working condition at all times.
- All equipment should be cleaned and prepared for the following day.
- All tools accounted for and in proper place.
- All bills signed by customer with P.O. number of Job order number
- Times sheets should be handed in at end of day
- Problems to bb reported to office and immediate supervisor
- All jobs handled in a professional manner and completed
- When not busy clean up around shop.