Building Maintenance Worker (Office/Warehouse)
This work involves the daily operation of various tools and equipment necessary for ensuring the maintenance and cleanliness of the office and warehouse.
- The incumbent will be able to wash windows, empty waste containers, clean and disinfect washrooms and fixtures.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on heating, cooling and ventilation systems, as well as electrical systems and appliances.
- Must be able to move furniture, equipment and supplies, paint and repair drywall.
- Tend to plants inside and outside.
- Contact contractors for repairs and maintenance of the establishment, perform safety and security checks.
- Sweep, mop, scrub and wax floors, remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse.
- Performs related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of lawn mowers, small tractors (lawn/snow removal attachments).
Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions which are applicable to the work.
Ability to complete applicable reports, records and related administrative tasks.
Ability to communicate effectively with members of staff and others who are involved with onsite work.
Ability to withstand strenuous physical work inherent in the work performed, as well as to function effectively outside under a variety of weather conditions.
Required Training & Experience
Completion of Grade 12 or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Possession of a valid Class 5 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
Building Service Worker Course
IVIS promotes from within.
Qualified employees will be given preference.
Please select the link below to fill out the
Application for Employment
After filling out the Application, please attach your resume and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org